Friday, November 20, 2009

Between Edward and Jacob...



...I choose Tyler.

My mother-in-law invited me up to Idaho today to watch New Moon on its opening day. I wanted to see the movie and would eventually, so it sounded like a lot of fun to watch it with my family up in Idaho. Tyler got the day off from work so that I could travel up there. Ivory was going to come with me and hang out with Grandma for a few days until Thanksgiving, but she was a tad bit sick, so it didn't seem like the best idea to take her up there. Since Ivory couldn't go, Tyler started thinking of all these reasons I shouldn't go. He wanted me to see family, he wanted me to see the movie, but in the long run, he just didn't want to be without me. Since I am the one with all the kids most of the time, I understand. Everything is so much easier as a team.

I still wanted to see family, I still wanted to see the movie, but in the end, I thought Tyler was more important and so I stayed. And I am glad I stayed. Because I was going to be gone, everything I got to do with my family seemed sweeter, more special. This morning, Tyler and I took the younger two girls shopping for candles and then out for snacks (i.e. cinnamon rolls and raspberry muffin tops at Kneader's). It was an ordinary activity turned extraordinary because I realized that every moment I have with them is a gift (even if I don't always appreciate them).

So Edward and Jacob, you will just have to wait. There is one man more important than both of you.

4 comments:

Raging Stallion said...

That's right. Eat your heart out, Edward. Raging Stallion is in the house! Ta, ta, Jacob: turns out I beat ya out.

Oh, victory is sweet.

(Please don't kill me, either one of ya.)

K Cazier said...

We missed you sooooo much!!! The movie was awesome!!! But I am with you... If I had the choice I would pick my KOLBY!!! I am glad that you had a good time with your family and I will look forward to seeing you next week. :)

Unknown said...

you're right, Tyler is more important. good choice. Sidenote: in the movie when Edward takes his shirt off, he does Not look like that poster.

¡Vieve! said...

Good choice, good choice.