Tuesday, May 10, 2011

If You Ask, Mom Will Do It (Most of the time)

You gotta feel sorry for kids who spend hours creating something only to have parents say, "Okay, time to put that stuff away." My kids have learned not only the regular comment of, "Mom, come see what I made..." but also, "Mom, come take a picture...and then put it on your blog."

It's hard to say no to that. So, here is the castle that June and Anna made the other day.


The 'L' stands for Leana Rella, and I am impressed by all the people who came to the princess' party. (I believe the royalty are in blue, naturally.)



While we are showing off art and childrens' creativity, here is one that I have to take my hat off to. You might have seen the Little Miss books before.



But I am pretty sure you haven't met these characters. Little Miss Dangerous (June's):


Little Miss Talented (Robyn's):


And Little Miss Fancy (Ivory):


And finally, a conversation that makes me laugh. Robyn likes to take things literally to be funny. (It is only funny sometimes.)

Robyn: (reading in a book) Rhinoceroses' eyesight is so poor they sometimes charge at trees.

Me: Do you know what charge means?

Robyn: Yeah, like when you take someone's money.

Me: Funny, I can just see the rhinos now. Hey trees, give me your money...now.

Later in the book Robyn read this: The Indian rhinoceros is killed for its horn, as some people think it can be used for medicines.

Me: Poor rhinoceros.

Robyn: A rhinoceros can't be poor. (See, so literal.)

Me: I guess you're right, especially if he is charging all the trees.

I don't know why, but some of these little conversations really tickle my fancy. I like watching my girls' sense of humor develop. I hope we can always sit and laugh together.

1 comment:

CarrieLu and Madi too said...

Their drawings are so cute and creative. I also chuckled at the conversation part. Kids are so awesome!