Thursday, March 25, 2021

Sort of Sadie's

Dances haven't really happened this school year because of Covid. Prom will actually take place in April and June has already been asked, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

Instead, we'll go back to November or so. That is usually when Sadie's takes place. But no dances, remember. However, June decided to ask someone anyway. She and Christina both decided to ask and make a fun date out of it. 

I'm terribly sad that we didn't get a picture of June's poster. She asked Valerio and gave him wings and the poster said something like. "We may have to 'wing' it because of Covid, but will you go to Sadie's with me?" And he responded with a poster, flowers and some ice cream. I recall that on the poster somewhere it said, "I know I'm your favorite Latin person." Hahaha. Probably true. 

The girls planned to do the date mid November but then Covid numbers went up and everything tightened down. We had two weeks with a no socializing mandate. (Not the best time for a date.) Needless to say, with the holidays and everything else, the date didn't happen until January. But a good date is good...anytime.

The girls made dinner and dessert for the boys. Pacos for dinner.

And a brownie strawberry mousse thing for dessert. Yummy.


Valerio and Irving are both great guys. I think they had a lot of fun playing games. I know there were some epic rounds of Throw Throw Burrito.

It was at our house, so we were trying to stay out of the way. So we ordered in some pizza and ate upstairs. Hard to find a place to sit upstairs.


I'm glad that June planned some dates during Covid. There weren't many, but I hope she has fond memories of her Senior Year.

No comments: