Tuesday, May 11, 2021

I Love Being a Mom

I try not to expect too much from Mother's Day. Some years the family goes all out and other years, it is almost forgotten. Which means they are typical people who love me every day but sometimes forget to celebrate one day. And that's okay. 

This year, it was a good day overall. Pearl is definitely the best at thinking of creative cute ways to make someone feel special. She write the best notes.

And this year, she even did a slide show presentation for me. She is the sweetest.

I was told this would be the WEEK of Mother's Day, so I've gotten little gifts each day. I got scissors (which are a much needed commodity around here) and a almond snickers. The next day, some Milano cookies. (My family knows me so well.) I'm told Daisy will make dinner tonight. I accept. And I already appreciate any other gifts this week!

Basically, my kids are the best. They aren't perfect, but that's a given, since their mother isn't either. Instead, we are a crazy mix of beautiful, genuine, chaotic, excellence. I adore these girls.





Being a mother is hard and amazing. It is the most worthwhile thing I do every day. I'm also grateful for my own wonderful mother who has nurtured my talents and shared her wisdom. She is a great support and I feel like I can totally count on her. In general, I am surrounded by outstanding women; my mother-in-law, my sisters, the women at work, those I rub shoulders with at church. I am truly blessed and I'm glad women are...women.


No comments: