Monday, August 30, 2021

A Peep at Some Art

I think you know by now that I appreciate art...all different kinds. I get excited when I hear about an art show of any kind. So I was thrilled when June took pictures of the Peep Dioramas at the High School. It is such a fun contest with such creative entries. Some are from students and some from the teachers, but I like them all. Most of them you can tell what book they are from. But I couldn't guess all of them.


















Do you have a favorite? I liked so many, but my favorite was probably Winnie the Peep.

Robyn's High School had an art show, which I had to check out, mainly because Robyn did some pieces. Her art was very different from what she has done in the past. It was about emotions and looked a lot like cloud scapes to me, but very intense ones. I really liked them.





Then I took a few more pictures, but only of things I thought were really interesting. If you use stitching in your piece, I'm going to be intrigued.



This one was painted on a wrapped canvas. I liked this idea of how fragile these feelings are. They are on the surface and could so easily be destroyed as one tried to get to the center.


This one was also really cool. There are so many messages here. All the people around balloon girl were made with mirrors. And do you notice they are carrying pins? Yikes. I'm thinking she doesn't quite feel safe in her environment. 


It is always so interesting to me to see people's ideas come out in artistic expression. I'm so glad there is art in the world. 

No comments: