Tuesday, May 31, 2022

The Light Within

The final dance concert of the school year was all about light. Some songs included light in the lyrics, or actual lights in the dance. Some didn't seem to have anything to do with light and that's okay too. I guess every dancer is light on their feet. :)

There was a competition of sorts in ballroom. Everyone had to choreograph a dance and then they chose which would be used in the concert. Ivory's dance was chosen and I love it so much. It is very beautiful. The whole concert was great. I'll miss seeing Ivory in ballroom next year. 

There is a bit of a mix in pictures. Some are the better quality ones that someone took during rehearsal and the others are zoomed in from our audience cameras, but some of Ivory's faces are awesome and needed to be on here. There are pictures from each dance and then the dance itself. Enjoy.

This first one with the girls in white was Ivory's choreography.







Next up is the mamba. I think Ives did a great job on this one.











This Cha Cha is short but sweet. Ivory is lifted up on the shoulder. She got a lot of fun lifts since she is small.







Finally the Lindy Swing. I got to see this one a couple times during the year. It was fun to watch every time.






Good job ballroom. And everyone.



I always try to run over to get a picture of Ivory in costume, but she always changes too quickly. But Denise (Isaac's mom) caught them one night, so I got one in costume.



Dance is always one of my favorite concerts of the year. Like I said, I will really miss seeing Ivory dance. She is really good. But I think she wants to focus on wrestling next year. 

No comments: