Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Books are Apple-Solutely the Best Pick!

(November 3rd, 2023)

Doing the library displays has been more fun this year. More people are invested and helping me out. Whether with time, or ideas, extra help has come from the library gang (the girls who are always there) and my kids as usual. We opted for a pretty simple display for Fall. It's surprising how much work is still needed when you aren't even filling up the windows.

June came in and helped with my large sign, and Beau was right there creating artwork that is beyond me.

I like to hang things (as you know) so I ordered a bunch of Chinese lanterns that looked like apples. They were so fun.

When we finished up, the windows really were sparse, but if you look closely, there were fun things.

The sign, of course.

There was a little hedgehog reading a recipe book.


Another little guy had an apple stuck on him. There were apples in most of the windows and those were my favorite things to make.

This little guy was getting cozy for the season. Beau does such a fantastic job. Look at his little claw on his paw.

I wanted to get some hedgehog art for my desk shelf. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted, but when I found this hedgehog crystal growing kit on Amazon, I knew that was the thing. The little guys take about a week to grow, so they didn't join the library until the end of the month.


Everyone who sees them loves them. Emily grew the green one at her house. He has a little mohawk. They all are unique in their own way. The blue one...well, I dropped him by accident in the sink, so his quirks are not his fault. Then we had a lot of fun naming them. Meet Pecan, Neutron, Crouton, and Toby.

Don't worry, I couldn't bare to get rid of them when I took down the fall decorations. Look for these cute guys to show up with the Christmas display as well. :) 

No comments: