Tuesday, February 6, 2024

The Concert I Missed and the Other I Didn't

(December 6th, 2023)

December is concert season to be sure. I often enjoy these concerts the most because I really love Christmas music. We have several girls in choir, so let's visit their performances. First up is Pearl.

Pearl is still in Junior High, where they split up the concerts because the auditorium is not big enough to hold everyone. Kind of stupid in my opinion, but not anyone's fault that I know. I went to the earlier concert because I wanted to see Advanced Girls sing. Daisy came with me and then Ivory was going to join us for Pearl's later concert. Except that Dad showed up with her. Hold up!!

Tyler was super sick. His oxygen had been low and he had been ridiculously ill. Like, scary sick. So naturally, he wasn't going to come to the choir concert. That was a given. But there he was. Brilliant. Needless to say, he was there about 10 minutes and then it was too loud and his heart started racing (in the really not good way) and I took him outside and had him lay down on a bench and then I took him home. Where he should have stayed in the first place. 

So Ivory took pictures for me and recorded songs. And Pearl sang and was cute.




The concert at the High School is longer because all the choirs sing. (because there is enough seating for everyone) I got a little preview when Chamber choir came to the Junior High to show off their skills. It was fun to listen to them sing and I really enjoyed their Holly and the Ivy song. 


As for the actual concert, it was really nice. Chamber Choir was up first. They sang some nice songs, of which I enjoyed Ding! Dong! Merrily on High the most. It is really fun to listen to a good choir.



Sadly, Daisy's choir, Con Brio, sang really weird songs. They sang something from the Ceremony of Carols, which basically translates into something no one can understand so Mr. Taylor puts the words in the program. (Let's just be clear Mr. Taylor. If you are putting the words in the program so people understand what they are hearing, it is not the best song choice. Just saying.) But the harp was fun.


My favorite of the evening was Fruitcake, naturally. Mr. Taylor didn't even introduce the song and Ivory felt like the audience was surprised and not engaged, but I thought it was fine. Fruitcake is crazy and should remain that way.


Finally, there was A Capella. I didn't include their song because we have plenty of video on here and they sang another winner that had the words in the program. (You know how I feel already.)

Phew, got those concerts done. Oh, and since the concerts were NOT close together, you will see that Tyler was feeling much better and attended the High School concert without having to leave before it started. Yay!

No comments: