Saturday, December 29, 2018

Public Speeching

We heard about an opportunity to participate in a speech contest. I signed up Ivory and Robyn. I guess I could have signed up June as well, but at the time she was knee deep in work and stress. Ivory and Robyn didn't do much about their speeches until right before, but that is okay. They are both good enough writers that they came up with good stuff, although probably not their best.

We arrived a little early because we didn't want to be late. The girls were the first kids to pick their numbers. In fact, right out of the shoots, Ivory picked number one. Nice one. At least she'll get it over with right away.


We still had a little time to kill, so we roamed around the library where it was being held. In the children's section, we found these really cool pumpkins. They must have had a competition to decorate a pumpkin like your favorite book or book character. There were some great ones. I took pictures of my favorites.


These are really good.



By far my favorite. (If you haven't read Gerald and Piggy books, you need to.)


The speeches were great too. I won't embarrass the girls by putting their speeches on here. Plus, they would be a bit long. Just know the topic was 'America' and Robyn talked about gratitude and Ivory talked about freedom.

No comments: