Monday, June 8, 2020

Chalk the Block

We have learned during quarantine that chalk is a nice way to leave a message for those who walk by. It isn't permanent but it is a great way to say Hi or leave a pick me up for another. We have seen some fun messages around our neighborhood in the last couple months, but my favorite was when the young women decided to do an activity doing interactive chalk drawings.

Everyone was supposed to draw something that you could put yourself into. I was very impressed with what they came up with. We did some of our own and then the girls went around the neighborhood to find others. They took some great pictures. It gives new meaning to really 'getting into' your drawings.






This one of Daisy hanging onto the cliff cracks me up.


Here are the ones the girls drew. They got into their drawings as well. We even left a ladder outside so people could get pictures from a birds eye view.





Watch out. Getting into the picture is cool, but you might get a little chalky.


Pearl isn't in young women's, but she had been wanting to do the Stain Glass effect for a while. We couldn't find masking tape last time, but I got plenty on Amazon, so we were good to go. The girls helped me tape and then they went to town. 




Alright, ready to take the tape off.


Pretty amazing actually.



The only problem with chalk drawings is that Mother Nature likes to clean up after the kids. I wish she had waited a little longer this time. It rained the next day.


Here are a couple other chalk drawings I saw during quarantine. Pretty neat.



 I think chalk is kind of magical. I'm sure all of you smiled at one of those pictures. It is hard not to have your spirits lifted when the ground is smiling at you.


No comments: