Wednesday, January 13, 2021

December Chatbook 2020

I still have some loose ends from December, but I'm not going to let them hold me back. The goal is to move forward and be current. December was an interesting month. It is always busy, but it was also different with Covid and quarantine. Luckily, that was all clumped at the end of the month. 

But let's jump into the hodge podge. It is hard to believe it was less than a month ago. Time sure is a strange mistress.

At work, I often decorate the calendar. I don't think I've ever remembered to take a picture of it. Until now. I really like having Wednesdays off from school. It is nice to have the kids home and it leaves a nice symmetrical spot on the calendar.

Tyler and I celebrated a strange holiday. It was my BEEN-A-CAZIER-LONGER-THAN-A-DARGAN day. I have spent more of my life with Tyler than without now. That is good, because I can't imagine life without him. We went and shared a pizza at Blaze. Yumminess. 


Camo is not just for the army. These girls look so cute. Tyler would walk by and say, "Girls, you have to wear shirts!" (Dad jokes...)

We washed a batch of shoes, but the laces didn't wash very well. So the girls came up with some other options for laces. Ribbon actually works pretty well. And looks pretty festive.

You need to ignore how weird Pearl's neck looks in this picture and instead focus on her swirl of hair at the base of her neck. Why does hair decided to grow in a swirl?

Speaking of Pearl, she is getting really good at all her tumbling skills. I like that she takes videos of herself. Her back walkover is looking sharp.


This picture was when June, Daisy, and I went to see Ivory dance. It was clearly edited by Daisy after the fact. I can understand Daisy seeing herself as an angel and me as the devil, but why is June half and half? She is clearly an angel too. All my kids are. (She says with hardly any sarcasm.)

I got my Duolingo stats for the year. Apparently I spent over 50 hours learning a language. Not bad. Although you would think I would be better than I am at Spanish at this point. But I'm happy with my slow progress. 



A lady in my neighborhood turned 80. They asked me to make signs to put up outside her house. It worked pretty well. People honked at her house all day. 


Robyn asked for me to paint her nails. I did my best at decorating them. It is hard to use toothpicks and nail polish, but I think you can tell what I was going for...hopefully.

The voodoo doll got into the season. I did the outfit and Daisy did the hat and all the cotton. I love how fluffy it looks.

I haven't been the best about neighbor gifts for many years. Mostly we do our newsletter which takes lots of time and a fair bit of money. (I'm not sure people think it is a great 'gift', but you get what you get...) Kandis, however got a really cute gift for our family. She is so awesome. We didn't get to carol this year, and that makes me sad. Maybe we'll do some valentine caroling. That could be a thing.

Eddy was up to all his usual antics. He sometimes forgot to move and younger children helped him find a new spot. He is a patient elf who never makes a mess. I adore him.

Pearl chose the new ornament for this year. She made Dad touch it before he could see it. Not because it was a poison dart frog, but because it was covered in glitter and Dad hates glitter. My children are so nice.

I got this ornament from Tom at work. He and his wife made tiny masks for the tree. What a great ornament for 2020.

My shoe tree is starting to get crowded. I may need to get a bigger tree someday. I bet Tyler is thrilled to hear that.

June broke a dish in half with her bare hands. She told me there was a crack running through it and that she could break it in two. I didn't believe her. Guess she showed me.

June and I gave blood and got really cute shirts from the red cross. Then we had to call back the next day and tell them that our blood was possibly infected. (I've never had to call them before.) We also called back ten days later to tell them that we tested negative. I wonder if they already chucked our blood?

Grandma came after Christmas, but it was a little strange. We were still in quarantine, so she sat outside the window and watched us open gifts. Seriously, this Christmas was one for the books. Ivory was in the basement, so we also brought the computer so Grandma could see Ivory.


Some more fun henna, although we've learned that it shows up better on some people and in some places. For instance, Robyn's upper arms don't hold the color at all. It seems to disappear almost immediately.


I realize this is stupid, but I colored a year's worth of daily Happy Color pictures. Translated that means that I wasted a LOT of time on my phone, but I did get the fancy unicorn award finally. And yes, I'm proud of that.

Nova still find soft things to rest upon. It doesn't seem to matter if she ends up in a weird position. The softness is the key.


Christina called and told us there was a live nativity over in her neighborhood with sheep and camels. But she told us just as they were taking everything down. The kids still went over and saw a few animals before they were gone.

Ivory made bread for a friend who was in quarantine. After mixing, rising, and rolling out the dough, she noticed something weird in the corner. I pulled it out. It was a button that was left in the flour after the button game. How did she not notice it during the process of making bread?? So funny. But we caught it before it was baked, so no one ate a button.


We had a lot of down time in isolation. That led to a lot of this. Which is fine especially when everyone is getting along.


Down in quarantine, Ivory's foxes were multiplying. She made the yellow one first and that seemed normal until she did the orange one. Why is the first one yellow?

Upstairs, we played games and did puzzles. Virginia got us a 2,000 piece puzzle. We are still working on it.


Robyn got to hang out with her percussion peeps earlier in the month. They had a movie night and went out for food on another occasion. Knowing how to play a multitude of instruments makes you part of a unique group.


Cute selfie of Robyn. I love her wavy locks.

Speaking of locks, here's one of Ivory. I think this was the day before she escaped from the basement. That is a fleek bun.

That's all for December folks. And to all a good night.

No comments: