Sunday, June 20, 2021

Art Theme: Subterranean

This was a fun category. I actually hope that during the summer, we'll get more entries because there is so much potential for all these themes. I love what we have, but I'm greedy. I want more art because I love to see how people's minds work. Let's show you what we have.

 This first piece is photography by Ivory. She took this shot at Girl's Camp. She liked the exposed roots that are normally underground.

Almost by Ivory Cazier

Robyn did this henna on my arm. We called them death mushrooms, but I definitely think these beauties would grow subterranean.


Death Shrooms by Robyn Cazier

Daisy made this friendship bracelet using the nice muted tones of soil and dirt.

Subterranean Colors by Daisy Cazier

I put together this star nosed mole using only fabric. Can you see the ruffles representing the dirt piled on the side.

Professional Digger by Maleen Cazier

Daisy recently read a book with an underground cavern where a brain coral lived. This is her rendition of the coral in its habitat.

Brain Coral by Daisy Cazier

Pearl did these sweet bunnies. Surely one of the cuter animals that burrow.

Cutest Dwellers by Pearl Cazier

And Lilly did this awesome ant hill. I love the detail through the magnifying glass.

Where the Ants Go by Lilly Francis

All excellent. Next week is Chaos. 

No comments: