Saturday, February 18, 2023

I Love Watching Half the Time

There are ballroom competitions which are serious business (I mean, maybe not as serious for our High School since they never score very high. Harsh, but true.) and then there are performances, which are when the dancers can just enjoy themselves. I try to make it to all of them, but I really enjoy the small performances.

Today I have, for you, the basketball halftime performances from last year and this year. (The Usual) I think they did a Swing dance both years. Let's start with last year.

2022

Things to notice in this dance: 

Ivory has really long hair
She dances with Isaac
She got to do a cool lift with Tristan (her dress covers his face)
The girls got to wear tennis shoes - so comfy








What a fun group. They always seemed to be having a good time when they were dancing.



2023

Things to notice in this dance:

Ivory has shorter hair (cut it for wrestling) but I love it in a French braid into a high pony
She dances with Job (who has really long hair at the moment)
She starts the dance off and ends it in a lift
The ripple they do in the middle is really cool










They have a smaller group this year. But they are still a fun group. I didn't catch them all (or even Job for that matter) but here are these two cuties.


See...love the performances. They are so fun. I guess they are pretty similar to the competitions, but dancing with less pressure seems to bring more smiles.

No comments: