Sunday, July 16, 2023

Saudaje

HOMECOMING
Sunday July 23rd, 1:30pm
1105 W 600 S
Orem, UT 84058

Last transfer, my Brazilian comp taught me a word. Saudaje. It is a word that is unique to Portuguese and doesn't have an exact translation into any other language. What it basically means is to miss. But it's a noun, it's like you have saudaje for something. It's a deep feeling of missing something that is unequaled.

It kinda perfectly describes how I feel preparing to leave the mission this weekend.

For the last year and a half of my life, I have gotten to focus on the Savior every day and spend every waking moment testifying of Him. I have seen people come unto Christ, change their lives, make beautiful and sacred covenants with God. I have changed and learned so much.

It's been the best 18 months. And I know it's a springboard to even better things, but man, I'm gonna miss it.

Jesus Christ lives. God has a plan for each one of His children and He wil never abandone us. The Book of Mormon is scripture brought forth in this time to guide us to understand God's will for us. The restored church of Jesus Christ is on the earth today, led by a living prophet who is guided by the living Christ.

God is good. God is so, so good.

These things I know. I'm grateful God has given me the chance to spend a year and a half telling the world about Him. And at least the commission to love, share, and invite never ceases even when the tag gets retired.

"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen" (Alma 26:37).

Have a fantastic week amigos. See you all soon!

Hermana Cazier

pics --- we got to go to the temple this week!! It was amazing and an awesome way to end out. We also got to go to a super spiritual baptism of some other hermanas' friend Maireylin and it was perfect for our friends Maria and Josue who are really trying to decide if baptism is right. Hopefully we'll be able to get them on date this week before I leave!!

I love you guys! Thanks for taking the whole journey with me.








No comments: