Saturday, November 11, 2023

Clever, Crafty, and Spooky

(September 28th, 2023)

Gone are the days of Super Saturday. You LDS women who are around my age know what I mean. I miss the random crafts. Lucky for me, there is a lady in my neighborhood who misses them even more than me. She is a big crafter. And even luckier, there is another lady with a huge basement perfect for a group of people who want to get their craft on.

The stars aligned so perfectly, so I invited a couple of the girls to come with me. I signed up for both crafts. The first is a thrifted ghost painting. Apparently this is big right now. You go thrifting and find an old, random painting. It can be fall themed or not. (Some of the beach ones are really cute.) Then you paint in ghosts and suddenly it becomes a Halloween decoration. 

I didn't have a lot of time to go thrifting, and I heard the selection was not great in our area. It was picked over. So I opted for Amazon. I found one I thought would work well and was not too expensive. It was on canvas and was ready to hang, which was nice. (Please ignore the bats, I almost forgot a before picture.)

Everyone had fun little paintings and they were adding ghosts. Our group decided to go a different way. We're Cazier's. That's how we roll. We tend to do our own thing. 

Ready for it? I'm literally in love with this upscaled Halloween painting!

Amazing right? Daisy painted Zero (and most of the bats), Pearl painted Jack, and I did the door to Halloween Town on the tree and the moon (and that skinny bat).

Here are some of the other ones. Everyone did a really cute job on their ghosts. 

The other craft was soft fabric ghosts. They were pretty easy. And supes cute.

Oh, I should mention that Daisy was dressed like Zeke. I can't remember if it was twin day or dress-like-another-person day? But the shorts are Zekes and this is basically what he looks like. Nailed it.

No comments: