Monday, May 20, 2019

It's Begun...Prom 2019

It seems a little surreal that my kids are starting to reach the age where they can go to something like Prom. June has been having a lot of fun going to dances this year. Prom was her first formal dance, sort of. Sweethearts was supposed to be formal, but it also had an 80s theme and that is what June's group went with.

So the dress we bought back then was perfect for Prom a month or so later. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Each dance starts with a request and an answer. June was out one evening when the doorbell rang and we found this on the step.


Naturally, she had to answer in like fashion. I think her idea was very creative, but I liked the addition I gave of the 'hole in one.'



When the boys do the asking, I don't know much about what is happening. They plan and we wait for news. But there are a few things we could do to plan ahead. I knew that June would need a boutonniere. I looked up some youtube videos and got some supplies and they actually aren't too hard to make. I think it turned out okay.


For the day date, the kids did a cook off competition. Each team had clever little cooking saying on their shirts. June's shirt said, "Slice, Slice Baby"


They went to the store and bought ingredients with a limited budget and had to make a meal. Then all teams went to different kitchens and went to town. Here are a couple of the finished products. They look delicious.



June came home from the day date and got ready for the evening date. I got to do her hair all cutesy. And I loved her heels.



Then I had a FAIL moment. I wanted to get some cute pictures of Gage and June while they exchanged boutonniere and corsage. June had never pinned a boutonniere on before and it took her a couple tries. I got all these fun pictures and when they took off and I went inside, I found out there was no card in my camera. I hadn't taken any pictures AT ALL. It was really sad.

But luckily for me, they still took pictures with the group. June is such a cutie. I think she had a good time with Gage.















Such a fun group. June has enjoyed every dance she has gone to and I think her first Prom was a good one. Here's to many more.


No comments: