Wednesday, May 8, 2019

The Final Meet

This is really going to be the same stuff you have seen before. The meets are very similar and especially since they don't compete for real, Pearl can't come in a different place on the score board. But I still feel it is good to document her progress. That is what a good mom does. Her meet was the same Saturday that Ivory was doing NHD, so I had to rush over to watch, but I made it. This was her order of events this time:

Tramp
Double Mini
Tumbling

Let's see how she does on Tramp. I think this routine that Tyler videoed was pretty good. Probably one of her best, although I have seen her do better on her landing at the end.


When she jumps, sometimes it looks like she is levitating. Closet thing to flying..



Next up was the Double Mini. She has two passes. The second one has some slow mo and you can see her nail the landing.



I keep forgetting to ask her which event she likes the most. I hear her talk about tumbling the most, but who knows?




Final event was tumbling. This was where this post changes from the other ones, because Pearl finally got her back handspring down and could do it without a spot. She was going to add it to one of her tumbling passes for the first time. She was really excited.

First her double back somersault.



Then the one we were all waiting for. And that was when Dad pushed the wrong button. (I don't judge him at all. Wait until we get to the Prom post where I forgot the card in the camera and didn't take any pictures. It happens.) Instead of pushing record, he took a picture. Here she is ready to go.


I did get a blurry picture of her doing a back handspring and that will be our best proof for now. Pearl did an awesome job. We are so proud of her.


Once again, they put everyone up on the 'podium'. Good job Pearly P. And they all got little trophies to take home as well. In the meantime, Pearl has made it onto the Gold Team, which is an official team, not a pre team. So next year, she should be doing real competitions. We'll see how that goes, and we have a long time before they arrive, but I think she is excited.


No comments: