Saturday, November 6, 2021

Halloween 2021

Guys, this Halloween was such a bust. It was really fun and we all had a good time, but there was a Stake activity that day and it threw off my groove. Big time. Our photo shoot went out the window. I was left scrounging for photos wherever I could find them. Luckily, there were some here and there, but this would be considered a 'mom fail' in my book. Some kids are highlighted more than others. I promise there is no preference. It just looks that way. :)

Halloween was on Sunday, which means all the school dress up happened on Friday and then Trick or Treating happened on Saturday. Friday was a crazy hullabaloo getting everyone dressed and out the door. June even dressed up for BYU. She was Gamora. Robyn helped with her makeup and she looked great.

Robyn was Thor. She looked amazing. Her hair was perfect for it.

I was Katniss Everdeen. I volunteer as tribute! (I had to be a book character considering where I work)


Pearl (bless her heart) grabbed one of our previous costumes and she was Harley Quinn. Cutie.

And the other two left the house without pictures. (Sigh) It makes me want to cry. June did a little crying of her own. I think it was all laughing, but it left tear tracks through her makeup. Funny.

Saturday, we had the chance to dress up again, and we got a couple more pictures, thank goodness. Daisy was dressed as Irene. She is a character from Xanth, whose talent is to grow plants. However, no one knows that character, so most people decided she was Poison Ivy, ivy itself, or plants. She actually won an award at a costume contest. 


One of my favorite things is watching the girls help each other with their makeup. In this case, there is Thor helping out Harley.

Here's the bottom three and an introduction to Ivory's costume, which was Hei Hei. Most people thought she was just a chicken, but if you look at those eyes and colors, it is definitely Moana's chicken.

Here's the crew looking awesome. 

Tyler did not have a costume this year, since I didn't plan one for him. (I didn't think he'd enjoy being Peeta or Gale. But Pearl gave him some face paint before they went Trick or Treating. The pumpkin vines looks like a wicked mustache.

Robyn did a great job on June's makeup this second time. These Marvel characters look awesome!

When all the kids went out to hoard candy, June had a party at home. She had friends over and some of them dressed up. It was fun to see them all together.

June and Isaac did a really fun little photo shoot with their Starlord and Gamora costumes. They looked so good. 





I'm impressed since they picked up most of their costume attire at Saver's. 

It was a good Halloween, despite the lack of a gallery shoot. The kids ended up with tons of candy. Now we just need to make sure we keep it off the floor so Nova doesn't get into it.

No comments: