Friday, November 12, 2021

Reflections Wrap Up 2021

When we last left Reflections, the girls had all done well, but Ivory was the only one to move on to the State level. We got an invitation to come see all the art on display. It was a little weird with covid restrictions, but those who were available went to see this event, since we've never had someone make it this far before. 

The event was held in this neat building. I'm not even sure what the building is normally used for. My only picture of the outside was actually Pearl doing the splits, which is just as cool. ;)

Inside, they had neat little placards for the participants. I believe there were pieces that moved onto the national level, but Ivory's photography stopped at State. I'm really proud of her. Here is her picture on display.

We took some obligatory photos by the backdrop.


It was a weird little event, but I'm glad we went out to celebrate Ivory. I only took a couple pictures of my favorite things that I saw. This Etch A Sketch art is awesome. I can't even imagine having the patience or skill to make that. And what if you bumped it???

And I take photos like this all the time, so I really liked the concept. It was well done.

Reflections actually just happened again this fall. I'm happy to say that NO ONE in our family entered. That is a lot of random little events that we can avoid this next year. (Yep, I'm a Reflections scrooge!)

No comments: