Monday, September 12, 2022

At Sea

(September 12-13th, 2021)

Sea days are pretty fun. I like lounging around the deck, soaking in the sun, and playing games or reading on my own schedule. And sure, there is food all day long if you want it. The dining rooms are open at certain times, but you can always grab a burger, or pizza, and the soft serve is always available. If I had to guess, I would say that Tyler hit up the soft serve at least twice a day. I actually never had a cone. I was saving my taste buds for more delectable dishes.

Our first day at sea started out pretty normal. It was a bit windy and not quite sunbathing weather yet. I went out on deck and there was a little yellow bird. This cute kid had found him and picked him up. He was remarkably tame, so maybe he was a pet? But he was far from home now that we weren't close to shore. I spent some time hanging out with him and I named him Harold. (Because of POI) He was really sweet and would let anyone hold him. We eventually left him where we found him. I hope he was okay. And I'll always have pictures to remember him.





The Lido deck is the happening place and also where all the buffets are. We aren't big on the buffets. We are definitely dining room people, but you can't beat the Lido deck for great seating and space to play games and hang out. It is also a great place to people watch. There are so many people from all over the world on Carnival cruises. We aren't even close to the weirdest. :)


The sun came out in good order and we snagged some chairs on the deck. I love this picture so much. And if you look closely, you'll see we're all reading the same book. It was our book group book. 

This is how cruising should be.

I wonder if Tyler was bored? I did appreciate the pictures.

When he wasn't being our personal photographer, you could often find Tyler listening to the live music and in particular, the steel drum guy. That guy would play for hours on end. It was very impressive.

Also, after acquiring some closed toe footwear, Beth and I were able to do the ropes course. It was pretty fun. Tyler was up there with us. Can you spot us all?

That first night at sea was one of the fancy nights. It is when guests are supposed to dress up a little more for dinner. We also skipped the regular dining and tried out the Asian Cuisine. It was super tasty and aesthetically pleasing. 



I did get this random tickle in my throat as if there was something stuck there. It was really bothering me so I went to the bathroom. The first thing I noticed was the fun ceiling. And then I pulled a really long bean sprout out of my throat. Yep, probably TMI, but it was crazy how it got caught in there. 


Then we took some pictures in our fancy duds. All over the boat are photo op spots. They try to get you to take pictures with fancy backgrounds, but that isn't us. We ended up taking our pictures in the outdoor showers. Classy I tell ya.





It was a very fun evening. And don't forget our towel friend.

Day 2 at sea was even sunnier as we headed into warmer waters. It is hard to get a good cabana but we snagged one in the morning. 


We had a lot of fun playing in the water area and going down the slides. 


The water is so blue and beautiful. You can see for miles but there isn't much to see. No land in sight.


Naturally, we spent a good amount of time on the Lido deck playing games. We weren't the only ones. It is fun to see others playing games and even some games I've never seen before.


Also, I found another bathroom with a fun ceiling. I like looking up and finding a surprise.

We caught a couple comedy shows and one of the theater productions. We are learning that the comedy shows are good as long as you go to the clean ones. (Just skip the adult hour.) And the other shows are hit and miss. Some are fun, others are weird, and a few are unnecessary. My fellow cruisers, remember the butt dance? Need I say more?

There were also the intense string players. It was always these three girls playing in tight clothes in the same color scheme. They looked like Russian undercover agents who would likely pull a gun on you or use a disguised crossbow. They were fun to listen to, but too close to the smoking area. I never liked staying for long since it didn't smell good. But Tyler is always looking for good string music to record and play for June.

And here's our towel buddy for the day. I'm thinking that's a rabbit?

Being on board was very fun, but we were all excited to reach a destination and go exploring. Stay tuned for Roatan. 

No comments: