Wednesday, September 28, 2022

The Last Carnival Cake

(September 20th, 2021)

I'm not going to lie. This year, someone mentioned the school carnival and I was SO EXCITED that we didn't have to go. I am more than ecstatic to put those years behind me. I have lots of fun blog posts to remind me that we did a lot of work and didn't have much to show for it. But we still need to visit the carnival from last year.

Tyler and I had just gotten back from the cruise and I immediately had to help Pearl make a cake. It was a bit intense, although not nearly as bad as the octopus cake. (Which ironically, we threw together right after a cruise as well.) Pearl was able to help a bit more with this cake. I made the edible cookie dough center and the peanut butter frosting, but Pearl used the frosting bag and tip to make the fur. 

Can you tell who it is?

Then we had Robyn make a batch of her world famous cookies and we filled his mouth. I know he is a happy monster because those cookies are the bomb.

Then we packed him up and took him to school. We showed up for the carnival and guess what?? We still didn't win. It just isn't meant to be. Is it rigged? I don't think so, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it was. We now have a perfect record of never placing in the cake contest. Good riddance Carnival. But check out some of the other cakes. There were some fun ones.








I checked out the face painting booth, and they were still doing acrylic paint. Why? Just buy some real stuff. Seriously, it almost makes me laugh, but instead it makes me angry. (That's an Ivory saying.)

And then Ivory had her face painted anyway. I guess she is old enough to make her own poor choices. 

We bid on stuff in the auction and mostly lost. I think we got a couple things. Not that I need to spend more money at the carnival. I think I was just savoring that this was our last dog and pony show.


Pearl saved some tickets to use in the bounce house. She went with a friend and they did the bungee cord. It actually looked pretty fun. You run forward and the cord pulls you back. This isn't my type of fun, but I can see why kids would enjoy it.



And then we came home and ate cookie monster. Who knew he was so delicious on the inside? But after eating pure sugar his whole life, he ought to be.


No comments: