Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Homecoming 2022

(September 24th, 2022)

We haven't really had Homecoming pictures before. It is the one dance that June never went to, and Robyn lost all her dances to Covid. Naturally, Ivory had a built in date with Isaac, so we all assumed she would go with him, but she decided to hold off on any serious relationships for this year (which is a wise choice) and he didn't ask her in respect of her decision. No one else asked her either since everyone still assumed she was going with Isaac, so Ivory set up a date with some of her friends and they decided to go stag. 

Ivory was actually super excited to go with friends. She hasn't hung out with the girls as much in the last couple of years, so she has some girl time to catch up on. They planned the dance just like normal. They chose a fun day date, they exchanged corsages, they got pretty dresses, they went out to dinner, and they went to the dance. Sounds magical and was probably better planned than many of the guys' evenings. :)

They decided to go to The Wick Lab, which is a candle making shop. I've made my own soap before and I think this was similar. Ivory said they could choose a scent and glitter if they wanted. Ivory named her candle. It looked pretty fun. They couldn't pick them up until later since I think they have to set.





After candle making, Ivory came home and got all dressed up. She originally looked for dresses online, but to get them here in time, shipping was going to be astronomical. So she ordered a couple with regular shipping and we went out looking for a different dress. Amazingly, we found a great one right away. I think it was the shortest shopping trip I've ever been on. And I love her dress. So cute and comfy. Then I did her hair. I chose an up do, which Ivory said is not usually her favorite, but she liked this one and I think it kept her cool on the dance floor. Ivory also volunteered me to take pictures. Sounds good to me. I just used my cell phone since that is the best camera I have and I think pictures turned out great. 










All the girls looked so beautiful. And I loved that they got corsages for each other. Sarah didn't exchange because she made hers in her floral class, but the other three did. Ivory had a good time picking flowers for Annika. She chose fake ones so the corsage would last forever. 

Then the girls were off to dinner at Olive Garden. I think they had a really good time, and I'm really happy Ivory was able to go with friends. There will be more dances and boys will come and go, but good gal pals are important. 

1 comment:

Sharona said...

Love love love this!