Friday, December 18, 2020

Lonely Corridoor

The last couple of years I've had such fun decorating my door for Christmas. My brain started working early to think of ideas and I had a fun one pop into my head. Then I noticed that doors were NOT going to be a thing this year. People were too busy and there weren't enough school days to prepare. I should have just scrapped the idea, but it felt like it should be done.

Plus, it related to this happy Covid year and it might not work next year, so I made it happen.

First I got the paper up on my door. That is always harder than it looks. Then I wanted silhouettes. I can't draw people, so I went to Robyn. But I had an idea to try. I hung up black paper and Tyler and I sat in front of it. We shone a flashlight on us, casting a shadow on the paper, and I had Robyn trace it. It worked much better than I thought it would. 

She traced me first. Then she sat down in my seat to adjust Tyler. I looked over and could see her shadow next to my outline and I was stunned how much her profile looked like mine. Crazy similar. Almost like she is my daughter! This is Robyn's shadow in my outline.

Then I took the outlines to work and cut them out. I even left the crazy hair Robyn traced on Dad. They looked really good.

Then I did some lettering and cut out some extra stuff. And the masks of course...

I think it turned out so cute. I only saw one other door decorated this year. Yep, sad season for doors.

Mine wasn't quite done. I was waiting for mistletoe to arrive in the mail. But it wasn't going to come for a couple days and we only had a few days left of school, so I just made my own.

Okay, now it is finished. I'm very proud of it. Man I love that we can take pictures of things. Bless you people who invented and perfected the camera.

1 comment:

Megan Dargan said...

Your door really turned out well. I love the silhouettes (did I spell that right?), and Holly Jolly is a song I sing a lot at this time of the year. Good job!