Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Our First Adult Child

It may seem surprising, but Tyler and I managed to raise a small human to adulthood. Shocking, I know. And there are four more behind her that we hope make it as well. For now, we'll just be amazed at our accomplishment. 

We had some fun stuff planned for June's birthday, but I'm always happily surprised when the younger girls do things of their own volition. For instance, Daisy set up a birthday chair with balloons. Sleepy June is pretty cute in the morning.

Pearl and Daisy spelled out June's name with memory cards. My favorite part is that the N is backward. Genuinely sweet.

June's best friends, Hannah and Christina, came over and decorated June's car in the morning before June went to school. When she came outside she was very surprised. I think some of the paint looks like someone shot up June's car and it is bleeding.




We did some of the usual, like balloons and measuring the birthday girl.



But a party had to be different because of Covid. We decided to go with an outdoor option so people could social distance. I'm not sure they all kept six feet apart, but we tried.


All the snacks were grab and go. We did cupcakes so June could blow out a candle but not blow on everyone's food. The other cupcakes had candles that people could blow out and they could write down their wishes for June. That ended up being one her favorite things. She went back and read them later and loved them.



And Spikeball of course. I'm not sure June could have a party that doesn't include her favorite hobby ever. We used the Spikebrite net, although we had more ambient light which helped. 


We have a couple videos. I actually have a couple good hits in them. I wasn't trying to spotlight myself...it was just the videos that Tyler happened to record. :)



We also did some sabering, but they have been making the bottles differently and some of them are really hard to saber. Some people got their top off right away, but others struggled. I get it. (I tried to open one on Thanksgiving and never got the top off. Such is life.)


I would say June had a great birthday. She is such a wonderful young lady. I guess adult now. She is such a fun person to be around. I'm so excited for all the adventures ahead of her, although I secretly want her to stay forever.

No comments: