Thursday, December 3, 2020

When the Library is More Than Just Books

This won't be the first (or the last) time I post about Sharon and her amazing talents at decorating the library at the school where I work. At one point, I thought that I wanted that job, but I'm so glad she got it. She does such an amazing job. She tells me that nothing is an original thought from her brain, it is all copied off pinterest.  But man, she can do a great job copying. Wait, I thought copying was my job...

Anyway, she currently has some Christmas stuff up for the holidays. She built this fireplace out of boxes. Pretty amazing.

All the ends of the bookcases have fun Christmas themed characters. 

There are some things that stay in the library year round, like this Harry Potter display. The snitch in the jar and the floating candles are my favorite.

But possibly the coolest is the display she had up before Christmas. She did an Alice in Wonderland theme. Here are the doors as you come in.

There were some fun Mad Hatter decorations.

And a Queen of Hearts selfie backdrop.

But the best thing was Alice's feet coming through the ceiling.

Sadly, Sharon had to take Alice down because she was a fire hazard. What a shame. I can't wait until new year to see what goes up next.

No comments: