Tuesday, October 18, 2022

September Chatbook 2022

Ready for some fun tidbits from last month? I thought you were. Let's jump right in.

I like to decorate my calendar every month at work. Naturally I chose a sea theme to go with my displays. Gotta love jellyfish!



I obviously read June's letters, but I also get to read emails from several other stellar missionaries. One of my favorites (they are all my favorites, who am I kidding) is Hermana Keen. She has wonderful spiritual messages, but I admit that my favorite thing is her pictures. She is a tall redhead serving in Mexico. She tends to stand out in a crowd. But it's exactly where she should be.

We went to a wedding reception for a friend. I found it super amusing when she did the bouquet toss, her brother came out dressed as a shark. I love fun family jokes.

I went out to dinner the other night. It was a very sad experience for me because I got a migraine and had to leave dinner early to walk outside and get some fresh air. The good news is that I didn't throw up and my headache got better slowly. The bad news was that I really wanted to eat that dinner. :( But also interesting news was that while I was making laps around the parking lot, I found this guy. You often can't see the striking red mark on the bottom of a widow, but this one is clear.

When you have to ride the school bus, let's hope it's a cool bus.

Robyn started school this last month. She is going to an awesome art school not too far away. She rides the grom there, but that makes it a little difficult to take supplies. But she is not to be daunted. 

This is what it looks like when the last person out to the car has the keys. Tyler thought it was so funny that he took a picture to remember the power he holds when we leave the keys with him.

Ivory had a big day. On the same day, she finally got her license and then she also got herself a new phone. I'm pretty sure that covers almost 85% of what makes a teenager happy.


While I was off playing in WA, the family went out to celebrate my absence. Well, maybe they were just happy to be eating when the main cook was out of town. (Although Daisy really is a great cook too and keeps people fed when I'm gone.)

Tyler made a really cool shirt. He owns property in Indiana and he made a shirt with a monopoly property card on it. Pretty awesome huh?

Also, Tyler went to a investment conference. He really admires Pace Morby and he was thrilled to get a picture with this guy. 

Robyn is quite the character. I still find lots of selfies on her phone. But that means I get to choose which ones go on the blog. You're welcome Robyn. :)

Robyn found some fun lighting one evening in the library. (Should I call it the Parlor now since we moved most of the books?) Anyway, the first picture is Robyn, and the next is a self portrait she was working on. That eye looks so realistic.


Robyn brought Bailey, a friend from school, home the other day to make cake. Sometimes you need cake and I love that they decorated it like a pumpkin.

Check out this jumper spider. They are so cool up close, and pretty much the only spider that deserves to live.

Ivory did this cool fish tail braid on Pearl. It looks lovely.

This picture is hilarious. This isn't the first kid who seems to blink out of sync. We have a picture of June doing the same thing. Maybe it's hereditary?? Must be Tyler, since I'm pretty sure my eyes blink together.

I did eventually take all the sea theme stuff down at school so it could make way for Harry Potter week. But don't you worry, the jellyfish found a new home. Ivory was more than happy to make a place for them, and I think the green went up to Pearl's room. 

That's all for this last month. We have lots of stuff coming up in October. Hopefully it will feel like Fall soon. The weather is too dang gorgeous.

No comments: