Sunday, October 23, 2022

Seussical the Musical

(November 19th, 2021)

This is Daisy.

Big discloser: This is my first time writing a blog post, so it might not be the best blog post you've ever read. 

Moving on from that, last year I participated in the school play, Seussical the Musical. I played ensemble as one of the Who's in Whoville. 

If you don't know the story a quick summary is that Horton the Elephant hears people on a speck of dust. These people - the whos - need help. Horton agrees to help, but is made fun of by the other creatures. Specifically the Sour Kangaroo. Horton and the Whos finally get the other animals to help save them. The moral of the story is basically that honesty, loyalty, and friendship are important. I would definitely recommend seeing it sometime.

I got to help build the set for the play, and it was actually really fun to help paint, built, and put together all the fun pieces. My favorite thing to make was either the Truffula trees, or the floor tiles.  


The song Oh, the Things You Can Think started off the whole show. This was probably the funnest song to learn and dance. It was also the song that was always stuck in my head.


This song, Here on Who, is the all about the Whos explaining their situation to Horton the Elephant and asking for his help. 





This scene is of Horton and Mayzie the Bird. Horton is asking Mayzie the Bird to take back the egg she left under his care so that she could go on a vacation to the beach.


This is at the end of the show. All of the cast gathers together and tells the audience the moral of the story. This was always the song that had the most amount of energy because we wanted to end the show with a bang.


This is right after all the ensemble Whos bowed. My smile is one of the few genuine smiles I had throughout the entire play. Mostly because the show was over and I could relax and go home and sleep.
After the Whos, everyone else came in turn and bowed themselves.  




That picture has from left to right: Kate (Gertrude the Bird), David (The Who Mayor's Son), Gabe (Horton the Elephant), Keiryn (Sour Kangaroo), Gina (Cat in the Hat), Aiden (Mayzie the Bird), and I wasn't able to get her name, but she played the Judge during the courtroom scene.

After the show I came out and met with my family. You can't see me in costume cause I'm wearing my Dad's jacket. It was always super cold back stage. You can also see June's boyfriend Isaac came to see and support me. Robyn came   




    That's all I have to say for this post, but I had a really good time putting this play together and making a lot of friends. I hope you enjoyed my first post. (●'◡'●)

No comments: