Sunday, March 26, 2023

Art!!

(February 16th, 2023)

This is one of those posts that is just a whole bunch of pictures of art. Because I like it. Because it's my blog. And because it's cool. This is the High School art show that goes up at the Springville Museum of art. It is one of my favorites. Mr. Anderson (the art teacher) knows I love it, so he asked me to come chaperone, even though none of my kids are in the art classes. I tried to limit the pictures to under 70. It was rough, but I did it. Look for a favorite. I'll tell you mine at the end.


























































I actually wasn't alone. Maggie happened to be there. I think she was the only 7th grade student since she switched classes at the semester. But we were buddies. We went to check out the displays upstairs when we were done. They aren't nearly as cool, but I did see some things I liked, including a self portrait of Cass. (Adore her.) They took one painting down, so Maggie posed for me. :) 




Then, over a month later, I finally got to take a couple of the kids to go see the show, right before they took it down. I found a couple more things I liked by people I know. 




Okay, favorites: 

Ivory: The ceramic brains. They represent different types of mental illness. They were so cool.
Beau: She went at a different time, but she liked the little blue cat. (Just above)
Pearl: The flamingo and the one where the guy is sitting at the desk and his inside self is exploding out behind him.
Me: It's close. I think the cobra vase was amazing, followed closely by the pearl dragon wire figure and the chameleon. 

Great job students. Way to bring beauty and creativity to the world.

No comments: