Wednesday, March 8, 2023

You Call It Madness, But I Call It Love

(Valentine's Day 2022 & 2023)

As I've told my kids, Valentine's Day is the best holiday to decorate for. I love all the red, pink, and white, and hearts to put up. I think it's lovely. But I hate the holiday. It's not a birthday or Christmas. Do you get presents? Sometimes? Not often? Frequently our ideas of how it should be celebrated don't line up. It's frustrating and sometimes stupid. Not to mention that it is WAY over commercialized. But it can also be fun. Let's look back at a couple fun memories.

2022

The girls really got into it. I love when they all put hearts on their glasses. 



Also, Beau got into the spirit and made an epic cake. It's so pretty.




2023

Not as many organized activities, so much as general love chaos. These two are cute. We did some shopping at the mall and got Ivory a prom dress, but no pictures yet. It's a surprise.

Tyler gave Pearl an appropriate dad joke on her lunch for Valentine's Day.


These two are adorable, and super silly.


And so are these two. Gotta paint your best friend for Valentine's Day. 




I got Tyler massage oil, since I learned some cool massage tips while we were in Jamaica. (Yep, Jamaica posts are coming.)

Even June got into the spirit and wrote an epic poem for her guy. It was awesome. I'm thinking some of Grandma Dargan's writing genes made it through.

Happy Holiday of sometimes love.

No comments: