Saturday, May 13, 2023

Ending It With a Cheer

(April 30th, 2022)

There was really so much Cheer stuff last year that it was crazy that none of it made it on the blog. We spent months going to this and that, curling hair, putting on makeup, doing flips. (Well, Pearl is the only one that did flips.) April was the end of competition season. We were lucky because the older teams go to Florida. You have to buy your own tickets and lodging but you have to be down there. Pearl's team was just under the cut-off, so their final competition was in St. George. Thank goodness.

There is always a fun showcase day where all the teams put on a show for parents. I think it used to be at a venue but since Covid, it has just been at the facility. It's never been otherwise for us since we joined after. When Pearl just did tumbling, her group put on a small performance. Now that she was on a team, they just did their regular cheer routine. Meaning, I'm not going to put the video on here because you've seen it a dozen times and everything is back lit at the gym. But here are a few fun photos of Pearl's team. (I love when their hair is straight up.)





Pearl is such a cutie. She loves getting fancy and putting on makeup. I find lots of selfies on my phone. 

Then the end of April was the final competition. I drove down with Pearl and we stayed at a hotel. We stopped at the Beaver Creamery of course. 



I'm sad because I left my favorite charger at that hotel. Rip.

Pearl had a mask because she wasn't feeling 100%. Poor thing. But you couldn't tell when she performed. She was still a rock star. 

Same routine, same great group. Pearl's team was pretty solid. They almost never made glaring mistakes, but this time around, one of the flyers was dropped. It wasn't serious, but I'm sure it docked them some points. Because I'm a good cheer mom, I don't know how many points they lost. I think they still won. At least she got a medal and it was a good end to the season. Check out this picture. It is hard to see the front row doing an aerial cartwheel. They are almost a blur.


Pearl decided not to do cheer again. She had a great time and learned a lot, but there was some negative pressure that soured the experience. But I'm glad she got to do all these fun things and grow her skills. 


Au revoir Cheer. 

No comments: