Wednesday, May 17, 2023

The Elusive Egg

(April 16th, 2022 & April 7th, 2023)

The egg hunt is much the same every year. I hide eggs and other items. The kids hunt by color. There are camo eggs outside. That's pretty much it. Last year, the extra items were pretty hard. I hid some earrings and they were tiny enough, they were super hard to find. I also hid chocolate bunnies on the shelves and they looked just like books. Check out some of these fun hiding spots.




Looks like the kids are ready to go. 

I don't always get the most flattering pictures since everyone is moving. But you get the idea that they are hunting, and serious about it. 




Not that you can see these earrings very well, but Ivory found them.

And guess who found the five? Why, it was Pearl.

But (wait for it) there was also a ten. (I totally forgot I hid one, but I guess Robyn found it.) Pictures tell all the stories.

Okay, jump to the next year, or this year. (Whatever you want to call it.) 2023.

First notice that Pearl took our Frankenstein discussion too seriously. She was trying to piece together her head. (Actually, she was not watching where she was going and a tree took a swipe at her.) I just had to mention this in case you saw it in the pictures and wondered what happened.

These three are adorable. Beau was not present. I was actually very sad about this. We chose a day that I thought she would be available and it turns out, she wasn't quite put together. Zeke was around that day, but we didn't let him hunt Beau's eggs. 

Keep looking. You'll find them all eventually, or someone will help you.



As usual, I got some fun little gifts, but this year I wrapped them so the girls didn't know what they were getting. Everyone could pick up one item in each different wrapping paper. Here they are with some of their swag. 


And guess who got the five...again. Two years running.

I really do enjoy a good Easter Egg Hunt. I wonder if it will be more fun with grandkids someday? I imagine the smiles will be similar.

No comments: