Friday, February 28, 2020

Sleeping Under the Tree

I guess it would  be more accurate to say 'Sleeping Around the Tree'. No one is actually under the tree. This has become a tradition in our house. I'm not sure why, but all the kids ask about it. We usually do it a couple days before Christmas because you can't sleep under the tree on Christmas Eve.

This last year, Pearl was sick, so she was so nice to stay in her own bed with her fever and not share her germs. Although that is pretty sad. Daisy found a snuggle buddy, although Nova always sleeps in Mom and Dad's room. (We don't want the kids fighting over her.)


I have to admit these kids are adorable when they fall asleep. It makes me smile.


These two are not actually asleep. They staged this picture. Although I'm sure June does fall asleep with a book on her lap sometimes.


Don't worry, I caught them in the morning, when they were truly asleep. How they both slept on that couch, I don't know?


Robyn looks pretty content. Are you dreaming of sugar plums? Whatever those are.


Because Pearl missed, we let the kids sleep under the tree a second night, although I see that Ivory and June opted for separate arrangements. Wise, children. Sorry Pearl that I don't have a picture of you, but you were there on night two!


 I wonder how long this tradition will last? It's pretty cute, so I'll endorse it until they decide otherwise.

No comments: