Monday, July 20, 2020

Art Theme: Mythical Beasts

I'm a little out of order. I didn't get last week's art on here with the Disney theme. Sorry Disney, I didn't get all the art for you, so I'm shamelessly skipping you to make way for Mythical Beasts. This was such a fun theme and we got so many awesome projects. I love them all. Enjoy, enjoy.

Cazier's up first. This first one is deceptive. It is a very tiny Rock Giant. He is only about two inches high. Daisy built him from pieces in a board game.

Rock Giant by Daisy

Deer Serpent by June
Deer Serpent by June

Fungals by Ivory

While You Were Sleeping by Pearl

This is a Christmas Gnome. (To be clear, gnomes are mythical, but Christmas isn't.)

Crinkle by Daisy and Maleen

Plus Size by Robyn

Appa by Maleen

Another tiny one, but you can tell the size by my lovely thumb in the picture.

Good Mythical Morning by Robyn

Rock Troll by Pearl

Kelpie by Robyn

Kraken by June

All so awesome, huh? Next up, some amazing Hulse art.

Dragon of Arbiturkey by Henry

The Cube by Jonny

This one is so funny. 

Kracken by Maggie and Eleanor

Phoenix by Maggie

Widdle Jackalope by Maggie

Tricia sent in a few by her girls. I really love the last one. What a interesting interpretation. So original.

Mermaid by Camille

Death Pony by Annalise

Candle Phoenix by Annalise


Last but certainly not least is art from my mom. She did another fun slide show and we took several pictures out of it. She put it to the song Flying Purple People Eater. (There are so many versions of him. So fun.)

Flying Purple People Eater Art Compiled by Megan

And this may be the creepiest piece we had this week. I hope I never run into this creature.

Spidusa by Megan


Did your favorite mythical creature make the cut? Or maybe your new least favorite?

We are getting towards the end of our Summer Art. I will really  miss it. We have had so many fabulous creations. Next week is Dad Jokes. 

No comments: