Monday, July 20, 2020

Washing Cars

I will be the first to admit that we don't have diligent upkeep on our cars. We clean the car out weekly, so no food, clothes, or crayons are left in there to die. (Whatever, food and crayons are strictly forbidden, but plenty of clothes end up in there.) But deep cleaning or outside cleaning isn't as vigilant.

Car washing is expensive, so Tyler taught the girls the other day. I think he borrowed a pressure washer and that helped. I think most of the girls helped, but you only see Pearl and June building character here.


After being dried, the cars were so nice and shiny.


Let's talk about our current vehicles. They are part of the family you know. I certainly get attached to my cars. Here is the neon. Tyler drove this car for a really long time. When it was time to get a new one, it wasn't even worth $200 in trade in, so we kept it. It will probably be Robyn's transportation when she gets her license. Yes, she is very grateful we didn't give it away.


This is June's ride. She adores this truck. It is a little run down, but June loves that it is stick shift and she knows how to drive it. Being stick, it also means that her sisters don't know how to drive it and that means it is definitely hers. We keep reminding her that we bought it, so it is ours, but she often forgets. He is affectionately called Ironman.


This is Tyler's current vehicle. He doesn't love it and I hear rumors he's going to sell it or do something with it this month. We'll see. It isn't my favorite to drive. The mirrors are too high for me. But I do love the color.


This is my sweet ride. Don't knock it. I love a van! It holds all my peeps and all the junk that comes with them. I call her Maude, but most of the time, we just say the Van. (We don't use names often with the vehicles.) I adore my car and I'm so happy to have her. And she sure is shiny. 



I know the clean will only last a moment, but I can admire for that moment and then bully the kids into cleaning the cars again.

No comments: