Saturday, April 22, 2023

Hair Metamorphosis

(March 31st, 2022)

Robyn planned to cut her hair short...really short. She planned to do this for April Fool's Day. But it just so happened to coincide with Tyler and I being out of town. That seems like more than a coincidence to me. Regardless, it is her hair. If I had been there, I probably would have disapproved but allowed her to cut her hair. As is, it was just a fun surprise for me when I got back. (Moms really love surprises like that in case you are wondering.)

Part of me was sad because Robyn had just spent a LOT of money getting her hair colored less than a year ago. But money is just money. 

Let's do the before and after right away. I like to think this first picture is the contemplation of not being able to do a bun anymore. Whenever I cut my hair, I always want it long enough to pull back, but it turns out, that wasn't going to be a problem.



So short right? I think you have to be very brave to do that.

Ivory was there every step of the way. She helped and they took video and pictures. I'm sure it was a great bonding experience.

Section the hair, then cut the back pieces. Then the front.



I think there was a moment where she contemplated leaving the top a little longer, but not for long. 


Good thing we have clippers to get a more uniform look.


Not too bad gals. I think Robyn loved it. I could only judge this from the amount of selfies on her phone. :)



Her hair is longer now, a year later. It actually grew pretty fast. I think she likes being able to pull it back again and also dye is lots of different colors. Hair is such an interesting thing we have. Personally, I'm really glad it grows. I do NOT look as good as Robyn does with short hair. 

No comments: