Thursday, April 6, 2023

You Can Almost Smell the Crispy Flesh

(March 13th & 20th, 2022)

Special Effects posts are right up there in my top ten list. I'm always impressed with what Ivory can come up with. And it satisfies the macabre side of my personality.

These F/X are from last year, but don't worry...there will be more coming from this year too. First up is Ivory's rendition of a burn victim. She started with some gluey stuff.

Then added some other items. I'm pretty sure coffee grounds are in there, but the cotton was a surprise.

Add some blood and goo? It does look pretty awful.

To make it more authentic, she could scorch her hair, but that seems like overkill. :) Otherwise, it looks painful and crispy.





I like that you can still see a tiny bit of the glue stuff. It reminds me of a peeling sunburn, which is still fitting in this scenario.

Look like is comes off easily at least. :) Sort of.

Then a week or so later, Ivory did a slice on my arm and a bullet wound on Pearl's neck. They look great.




Pearl's bullet peeled off very nicely.


Mine took a little more scraping. I'm sharing the video because it makes me laugh. Right at the beginning I wince in pain and Ivory falls for it for just a second. Totally worth it.


Special F/X are so fun. I'm glad Ivory enjoys this hobby.

No comments: