Friday, December 8, 2017

Hey Y'all...It's Monday (in Texas)

We were pretty darn excited to be in Texas and out of the car. To be clear, we didn't get far into Texas. Dalhart, where Virginia lives is about 36 miles from the border. However, I can't imagine driving very far into Texas. That could easily have doubled our drive time. Texas is Huge!

I mentioned that Virginia was the best hostess. She had beds for all of us, soft fluffy towels and nice body wash, delicious food, and plenty of activities. Don't forget soft blankets. My kids find those right away and claim rights to sit in luxury. We were seriously spoiled.


Virginia bought water balloons and that is something the kids wanted to do right away. Even though it wasn't terribly sunny (probably a hold over from the storm) the girls wanted to play outside. Ginny got the cool water balloons that fill up 30 at a time. We had never used those before and they were awesome. They don't pop on people very well though. So that means throwing them fairly hard, or pulling off the little band and squeezing your balloon onto your victim. Or you could simply use the tubes left over on the hose to spray down your mother. That was Daisy's favorite option.


And I couldn't even run away very well. I managed to pull my back first thing on Monday. It was probably due to a long car ride, but I spent the rest of the week taking it easy on my back.

This picture makes me laugh. Daisy is filling another batch of balloons. Pearl is emptying her balloon on me. June is hurling a balloon at Ivory, but I think it missed and popped on the grass. Robyn wisely did not join the fray this day.


Most of the balloons would pop off the sticks when they were filled sufficiently, but you could get some to fill even more. Ivory looks sad, but I think it is because she doesn't want her overfilled balloon to pop. (Sorry Ives, it is inevitable.)


Ginny had this box of all these cool coloring and activity books. One that we had never seen before was a Paint By Sticker. It was so much fun. June and I spent a lot of time working on those.


On Monday we also went to visit Virginia's bank. She works in a very classy facility. The people are all so friendly and kind. I think we went after hours, so there weren't customers, but we weren't in the main lobby for much of it. The bank is really quite beautiful.




They have remodeled the inside and it was such a lovely building. It was fun to see where Virginia works. Knowing us, we were very mature. We spent some of our time taking 'weirdies'. I did try to warn you. I think we took a total of 47 that day, but I'm only going to put my top ten on here. They really are funny (and weird) to look at.











Monday was a rather chill day. We relaxed and saved our energy for Tuesday, which was a whirlwind of activity. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

meganmushrat said...

Weirdies? Some of that Dargan heritage is definitely showing!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.