Tuesday, January 2, 2018

It's a New Year Y'all

I am very behind on my blog. That means that I am still back in September instead of heading into a new year. However, I feel like if I stay in blog time, I will never catch up. So, I have made the decision to start incorporating current events and keep chipping away at the previous pictures. I can do it, and when I finally catch up, I will be totally current. (Anyway, it makes sense in my mind.)

So, I will give you our New Year's Eve. We actually had plans to do almost nothing. Tyler and June were getting back very late Saturday night from Front Sight and they were going to be tired and sore. (Sorry, that is a post you probably won't see for a while.) So we didn't make any plans so they could go to bed early. Well, a good friend of ours, Brian, came into town on Saturday. He delivered a letter to Ivory and we chatted for a bit.


I was sad that he wouldn't get to see Tyler, so I asked him what he was doing for New Year's. He didn't have any big plans so I invited him over and told him that we were playing some games but not staying up late.

We did book group earlier in the evening and our treat at the end was dark drinks (like they had at the Midnight Ball. We read Princess of the Midnight Ball.) So we had to saber some bottles. It was the perfect day since that is a tradition for New Year's anyway. Tyler took this video. Who do you think will saber their bottle first? Or will we all get it at the same time?


Yeah, so Robyn was our winner. But we all got our bottle eventually.


Brian came over and we had one bottle left for him to try. He was a pro.


While playing games, Camie and Nate texted and asked if we wanted to come watch fireworks. We told them to come play games with us instead so they came over a bit later. And we played hilarious games well into the New Year. (So much for going to bed early.)


But it was so fun. We played Caveman Telephone last. Camie and Nate are both good artists, so it was an epic game with some of the best drawings we have ever had.



We decided the best drawing was Nate's version of a chip fight between himself and Brian.


And the worst drawing of the evening goes to me.


Can you even tell what those are? They are supposed to be monkeys celebrating the New Year. I admit that I cannot draw monkeys...at all. I had no idea where to put legs so I just left them out. That round was strange because three people had put monkeys in their sentence. I officially banned them after that game. You are not allowed to use the word monkey in Caveman Telephone in this house anymore.

It sure was a great night full of lots of laughter. I think we finally went to bed around 2:30 in the morning.

Happy New Year. I am so blessed with a great family and awesome friends. I look forward to many more great memories this year.

No comments: