Sunday, June 17, 2018

Two Peas Graduate

Ivory and Ember became very close as the school year progressed, which makes me sad in a way since they will be going to different schools next year. Ironically, we don't live that far away, only a block or two, but one street divides the world. They will have three years apart and then they will be in High School together. Who knows what will happen in those three years, but I have enjoyed seeing the two of them play this year.

It helps that their last names are very close, so in any role call for their class, they are always back to back. Ivory comes across and then Ember. Sixth grade is a big year for moving on and celebrating the departure from Elementary. Here are a couple events I got a couple pictures from.

First was NOVA. It is a huge program the kids go through that teaches them great values and gives good advice for making wise choices in the future. I admit that I was not very good about keeping track of everything. But Ivory owned all the stuff and did her requirements for some awards. Here she is coming across and getting her NOVA pack award.


And right behind her was Ember. I like that they both have their wolf shirts but in different colors. (Ivory got an old one from Mrs. Stewart. )


The school did a cool talent show. None of my kids were in it, but Ivory and Ember were the MCs. So I went to watch. They did a great job, and Amy got this cute picture of them.


Sixth grade graduation was cool, but long. They had a special speaker come, Ed Eyestone who told some really fun stories, but he spoke for a long time. Along with all the other stuff with kids speaking and walking across stage, it was almost an hour and a half. Wow. I got a picture of Ivory coming across and hugging her teacher, but the guy in front of me lifted his kid right when I took the shot. Thanks.


The decorations were cute. Balloons and arrows. All the arrows had what the kids wanted to be when they grew up. I found Ivory's.


Then we naturally got some pictures with friends and her teacher.


Ivory and Mrs. Stewart

Ivory and Alyssa

Paige and Ivory

Ember and Ivory
I helped with the after party. The sixth graders went to the park and played a lot of games. I was in charge of Kubb. Most of the kids had a great time. They provided lunch for the kids. It was a fun afternoon, and it got me out of doing field day at the Junior High. Sometimes that gets a bit crazy.


So Ivory is officially graduated from Elementary. She'll be with me up at the Junior High next year. I'm excited. She is growing up.


No comments: