Friday, August 3, 2018

Chalk It Up to the Kids

We usually keep chalk on hand and it is just random when the kids decide to pull it out and draw with it. I'll suddenly come home to find colors and designs scattered across the driveway. I love it.

I've managed to catch a few this summer. Once I came home to mostly shapes, but I loved how the girls were experimenting with shades and gradation.





Then another day we were playing nine square and the girls were coloring nearby. Even though we hit them with the ball several times, they still managed to do some great drawings.



This is Daisy's fairy. Can you see. She is looking forward with her hair over one eye. And you can see her wings over her shoulders. Cute.


This one reminds me of a muppet. Or something from the dark crystal.


Hannah was over as well. She is an exceptional artist with any medium.


I believe Ivory did this flower. Lovely.


It makes me happy to see art bloom spontaneously on the sidewalk. The rain takes it all away which is a shame, but a new canvas is created for next time.

No comments: