Sunday, June 4, 2023

Kicking Off Summer with PAINT

(May 29th, 2023)

I know I'm not quite caught up, but if you recall, last summer, I decided to be current. And it was glorious and cathartic. It kept me from going crazy and I can't even tell you how excited I am to think that once I finish up April and May, I am officially caught up. Like for reals. So I am doing exactly what I did last year. Summer is starting and you will get what is happening now, with a sprinkling (or shower) of previous activities. 

I'm not nearly as scheduled as last year, but I still did a bit of planning...because it's me. Here is a very flexible agenda for summer.

Monday - Cleaning day
Tuesday - Finish cleaning day and possibly watch a movie
Wednesday - Treat day
Thursday - Hike day
Friday - Very flexible extra day to use however

See? Not overloaded at all. There are other goals going on, such as ab workouts and a pull-up challenge, but I already know I will probably not be great at keeping up with those. I also have a pile of books to read. I'll be a little more dedicated to that.

Monday was a cleaning day, but Tyler also saw the opportunity to paint the kitchen. We have been slowly moving through the house with our light grey paint. I really love it and I think it makes everything feel cooler. (literally) It was time to paint more of the main level; kitchen and possibly entryway. The kids are actually really great painters. They took right to it. They were creative and got into all the tricky spots.




Meanwhile, I was not involved. I already had a designated area to clean and I wasn't going to ignore it. My task was the sunroom. Yikes, it was messy. 

So I spent my morning upstairs while everyone painted downstairs. By lunchtime, projects were looking good. I was done with the sunroom.

And painters downstairs were finished with the kitchen. We broke for lunch.

In the afternoon, Ivory went to work and the girls thought we could get more done. I no longer had an excuse to stay away, so I joined the workers and we painted our way down the entryway and to the front foyer. 



It still needs a little touch up, but it looks great! All in one day. Good work crew. Also, Tyler got some new lighting for up above and for the first time, our above-cupboard area looks almost professional. 


It was quite the day of accomplishments. I believe that everyone had paint on them somewhere. But that is a job well done!

No comments: