Monday, July 3, 2023

Gringos in Dorado

Hey amigos!!

Yet another legendary week here in the DR. But before I get into it, here's the info for my homecoming in a couple weeks!

Sunday July 23rd
1:30pm (late church, I know)
1105 W 600 S
Orem, UT 84058
Afterwards we'll have food at my house!

This week was sick. Had an exchange in Hato Del Yaque and got to see one of my best friends from this country! Melanny's from my first area, Las Antillas, and neither one of us live anywhere close to Hato Del Yaque, but somehow both ended up there on the same day and it was so fun to see her and teach a couple lessons with her and contact a couple people with her. She is such a prepared missionary. Costa Rica is about to get so blessed. 

I made moro! #officiallydominican. I have never made it or even seen a recipe for it but I was like, it can't be that hard, right? And it turned out really good. Which was good cuz it was our last meal before the fast.

An HXP group showed up to our ward yesterday! They are gonna be here for two weeks (coincidentally the same amount of time I have left). We got to go out with them yesterday and we probably will again tonight! They are a good group of kids. Lots of them are thinking about serving missions and I hope we can inspire them to want to do it. Several of them bore their testimonies in church yesterday. A couple were translated but a few of them tried in Spanish and I'm so proud of them!

This week is gonna be chaos with baptism prep for Jeyden and Allison, the gringos wanting our help with things, going to the temple, and trying to keep on top of all of the other important things missionaries do. I'm so excited for it!

I've been thinking a lot about the source of joy. I am full of joy. I love my life and it's so hard to think about saying goodbye to being a missionary. But at the same time, the tag is not what brings me joy. It's Jesus. He's the center of my life, so my life is good. And even when I lose the tag, I won't lose Jesus. My life will still be centered on Him. So joy will still be present. We're all at a different point of life doing different things, but if we stay centered on Christ, there is always joy in the journey.

"Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began... He has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; He comprehendeth all things, and He is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name" (Alma 26:35).

Go find a reason to have joy in Jesus Chrsit today! I hope you all have a great week!

Hermana Cazier








No comments: