Friday, April 5, 2024

Spring Break 2024

I had big plans for Spring Break. I was going to take Pearl (and whoever else wanted to come) to Mount Rushmore. 

But that didn't happen. 

Sometimes it is nice to stay home as well. There is plenty to do around here and it is nice to have a break from planning anything. Our week has been pretty chill. Here are some of the things we did.

Daisy deep cleaned the storage room. It was quite the task and I wish I'd taken a picture when she had everything pulled out. It filled her entire bedroom. Makes me wonder how it all fits in that small room. She said she found mold and other gross stuff, so she wore a mask most of the time while cleaning. Smart girl. And the end result is awesome. I'm thinking it will be much easier to find stuff.


The weather has been nicer this week than any week so far this year. We took a walk on Tuesday. I'm not sure Tyler should have gone since he was feeling a little sick, but we enjoyed his company. Pearl took pictures for us.


We did the bridge walk and took the mandatory pictures at the end. 



Eye on the temple folks. (And llamas too apparently.)

We got lots of reading done. Often I would curl up and read for a long time and kids would come and go. And then we'd take pictures of the dog being silly.


Wednesday was our most out and about day. We went hot tubbing at Jorri's. It was so gorgeous outside and it was so fun to get in suits (and make sure we have something to wear for the summer.) I love the smell of sunscreen because it means summer. We totally forgot to get pictures in the hot tub, but Pearl got one in the apartment and Ivory got one as well.


Then we went to lunch at Smoked Taco. I feel like the tacos are trying too hard, but the Churro fries are out of this world! We got the regular ones and the lemon raspberry ones that were even better. I didn't have time to take a picture of the lemon/rasp ones before we inhaled them. It was such a fun day hanging out with Jorri!! Love her.


Ivory got some fresh wounds while skating. She got a gash on her knee while wearing kneepads. Skillz. Also, her rump seems to take the brunt of her injuries, so she's going to get some back padding. Should help the burn.

There was some other cleaning we got done. Some rooms are looking much better this week and it looked like Nova cleaned Pearl's forehead. 

I got to do two temple shifts. I picked up a shift on Wed and had my regular Friday shift. I really love my evenings in the temple.

Certainly not the craziest Spring Break, but just right for me. I also started blogging again (obviously) and made some new health goals with Burgundy. (She is practicing to be a Wellness Coach.) Hopefully April will bring me some more time or at least focus to get things done. ;)

No comments: