Thursday, March 28, 2019

Solo and Ensemble

June has not had the best year in Orchestra. The teacher is a band teacher and does not know how to fine tune an orchestra. It frustrates her to no end. I feel bad because besides her private lessons, she is not moving forward as much as she could. Back when she auditioned for the local Youth Symphony, she also tried out for ballroom team and I made her choose one. She has enjoyed a year of ballroom, but I think she will lean back toward orchestra this next Fall.


I love to listen to her play. She can play songs by ear pretty well now. Every year, there is a solo and ensemble contest in the district. June was able to play an individual piece and a duet. This is her solo entitled Introduction and Polonaise. She rushes a little bit but does a good job. Becca was so kind to accompany her.




I really am grateful to Becca. She had to take time out of her day to come and play. Plus practicing with June and sharing her beautiful talent.




June also played a duet with Holly. You can tell Holly is frustrated when she messes up a bit. But to be fair, they only practiced once. I think both songs when on to the next level, but Holly and June didn't even play again. They both focused on their solos.




It is a wonderful talent that I hope June keeps up for a long time. I'm excited for her to audition for Youth Symphony again and see where it goes.

No comments: