Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Chilling in Washington

My mother requested my presence in Washington and since she was offering to fly me over, that seemed like a sweet deal. I really like seeing my family. It just is hard to find time away from my life.

My goal on the trip was to see my family first, but also help clean and organize. I did some house work, cooked some desserts, cataloged some books, and put away the Christmas tree. That was my favorite. Over the years, my mom has collected so many fun ornaments. As I put each one away, I shamelessly made a mental note of all the ones I want someday. :)

They have too many anyway. Look how full the tree is. And this is after I took many off.


Tim made a blown glass ornament that was like ours. But his was cooler. I love the colors.


I enjoyed my time in Washington and didn't take a lot of pictures. I got one of cute Miranda. She came up with an adorable nightie and matching headband.


Oddly, while I was in Washington, it snowed! That doesn't happen very often. And it didn't last long, but I like to think that the good ole Evergreen State was trying to make me feel at home. Don't try too hard...snow is not my favorite thing about Utah.


All too soon, it was time to go. Mom and Tim took me to the airport. Hopefully I'll see you again soon. Someone has to win all the games. (Full disclosure: I did NOT win all the games. Tim beat me at plenty and Mom was quite the murderer in Kill Dr. Lucky.)


One last selfie in the airport. I was able to spend a lot of time reading which was really nice. As a busy mom, sometimes my books and I don't get a lot of quality time together. Check out my braces and bands. They are gone now, but at the time, I only had three weeks left of wearing them. My future self says, "You will be so happy to get them off."

No comments: