Monday, March 30, 2020

Fourteen Looks Good on Her

It is hard to believe that my kids keep getting older. There seems to be no way to slow it down. Thanks Covid-19 for making them all stay home for a moment. Who knew I would treasure quarantine?

Ivory's birthday happened back in February. She planned a combined birthday party with her friend, Annie, who had a birthday right after her. So we didn't do much as a family. We still did the important things:

GIFTS: When Ivory got up, we did some presents in the morning before school because sometimes the afternoons are busy and we can't get everyone on the same page. Ivory got some fun gifts that I've seen her use frequently.





LUNCH: Gotta do lunch with Dad. If Mom comes, that's just a bonus.


BALLOONS: Check. 


SHOPPING: This isn't a mandatory thing, but it sure is fun. Ivory did most of her shopping with June. I was in and out, but I was sent pictures to help choose outfits. Lucky for Ivory, she looks cute in everything.


CAKE: Almost check. We got some crumble cookies and Ivory had a chocolaty chocolate one. Have I mentioned this girl loves chocolate? 


The next day was her party. Annie and Ivory invited a ton of people and a ton of people came. I tried to stay out of the way because it seemed she should have fun with her friends. She went early and Annie did her makeup. 


I think the girls had such a fun time. Fourteen is a great age. 


I can't imagine our family without Ivory. She is so spunky and funny. She is very opinionated, but I need someone to butt heads with now and then. I can usually make her laugh when things get too heated. Her giggles are cute and her sneezes are hilarious. I'm so glad she is my daughter! 

No comments: