Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Here Some Art, There Some Art

I know I posted about art recently, but can there ever be too much art? Okay...maybe. But not for the blog. The blog is the best place for art, because it doesn't take up space. At the moment, we are trying to figure out where to put all the art in our house. The garage may become an art gallery.

Today I have two things to share with you. The first one is from Stake Conference. What does art have to do with Stake Conference, you ask? Well, we sometimes play a game during church in which one person draws a small picture or line and hands it to the next person who adds something to the drawing. It continues with each person adding to the drawing until we feel it is complete. Then we start another. They are often rather silly drawings, but sometimes, they are amazing. This last Stake Conference, Robyn, June, and I were playing and we came up with some real winners. These simple drawings make me very happy.

This was the first. It was just Robyn and I drawing and this is definitely one of the weirder ones. (Please excuse the blue paper. That is what I had to draw on and it washes out the drawing just a bit.)


This was also before June joined. This fish may not make it. The odds seem against him.


This one is my favorite. I think the spaceship picking up a piece of mountain is genius. So funny.


Robyn's favorite is this cute hedgehog riding a fox. I like the booties.


June liked these birds balanced on blocks. Can you see the nest nestled between rooftops?


It is so funny to me what develops. This angel was basking in the light, which suddenly came from a flashlight. :)


And this cowboy was a bit boring until June drew the cliff. Sorry pardner.


I hope you enjoyed our impromptu designs. No one can say that Stake Conference isn't educational...

Next up, some art from school. Each spring, our Junior High does a fan art contest. I didn't have a child enter, but it was still fun to go see the display. Even the teachers got in on it and did some pieces. Nice guys. These are my favorites. (More than last year.)










There you go. Some art for the day. Happy April everyone!!

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

My favorite was the birds on blocks. They are such funny looking birds. Great art from the school competition. My favorite with those was the alien with the human in a bubble. Very spooky. Wish I could help participate in these little art drawings.