Thursday, April 23, 2020

Fuzion Meet 2020

Competition 4 out of 5. Except....and I'm sure you saw this coming...it actually was the LAST meet because of Corona. (We'll have a lot of lasts in the next month of posts as everything shut down.)

Pearl's times were still spread out with two events in the morning and one in the afternoon, but we knew the drill. We were prepared. (And I let her download Plants vs. Zombies on my phone to keep her entertained in the couple hours between. Yep...I'm a good mom.)


We all know how this works now, so let's zoom through this meet.

DOUBLE MINI

Pearl always does great on the double mini. She is solid.



I'm still a little confused about the screens, because once again, it looked like she got 2nd, but she actually came in first. (I think it means the other girl was in another group??)




TUMBLING

This is Pearl's hardest event. She is still struggling to get those legs to stay together and keep everything tight. She actually did a really good job I thought, but she was in a group of some really great tumblers, so she got seventh. I love this blurry picture of Pearl and Kyle. Her coaches are always there encouraging her.







Pearl showed me where they post everything. (The stuff Tyler found last time.) This is more accurate than the board.



TRAMP

Pearl is also pretty fantastic at tramp. She doesn't love this event, but she usually has a solid routine. In the video here, her pike jump is a little sad, but it doesn't stop her from getting a good score and tying for first. (Although, apparently it is just her on the stand. Who knows how this all works.)





It was a really fun meet. The medals were super cute with an animal paw print and bright colors. I'm so proud of this cutie. It is too bad that she wasn't able to finish the season with the final competition, but she has plenty of medals to show that her skills have been stellar.


No comments: