Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Dance, Dance

Ivory hasn't done ballroom since sixth grade, so I was pretty bummed to miss her first competition this year. But I was gone on Art Tour; such is life. Instead, I sent June and Tyler to get me some pictures and video. He did a pretty good job.

Ivory was partners with Spencer. They were assigned the Foxtrot. Foxtrot is such a fun dance and so graceful. I think Ives and Spencer look pretty good out there.



Their surprise dance was Swing. They aren't as bouncy as some couples, but they seem to have the moves down.



Tyler was impressed with himself when he managed to get June, himself, and Ivory in one picture. It is a little hard to see Ivory. Good thing she is circled in purple.


One of the funnest parts to watch is the social dance at the end. All the boys choose a partner from a different school. This one was more fun because they switched halfway through, so they got two partners. First up with this guy. He looks nice. Glasses make a guy look smart, right?



But it seems Ivory was all smiles with the next guy. Maybe she likes red heads? She says he was a great dancer.



Good times. The team got bronze. It is hard for me to know how well they did because I didn't get to watch anyone else on the team. But I thought Ivory and Spencer did a good job.

1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

I didn't know Ives was into dancing. I thought that was Daisy. But I'm delighted to see how well Ives does. She is a credit to her middle name. (I took dancing in college and enjoyed it very much).