Saturday, April 11, 2020

Mi Amor Classic

Competition 3 of 5. I missed it because I was on Art Tour. But the good news is that I got to go to her other ones and I think it was good for Dad to attend and support. It is really fun to watch her, even if the overall event can be a bit much.

I'm so thankful that he went and took pictures and video.  If you have read previous posts about her competitions, you know how this goes.

First up was Double Mini. It is usually the hardest to see from far away, and I don't think Tyler quite knew what to expect. In fact, he heard Pearl's name being announced as first place, and he didn't even know where the winners stand was. (Seriously, don't blame the guy. Going the first time is quite confusing.)

He caught Pearl coming back from awards. Good job Peapod.


Even though this was his first rodeo, Tyler found something I had never seen before. He found an area where they post the scores later. Hah. He is genius. I always try to catch the screens before they go away.


Here's Pearl hanging out. It is fun because she sees the same girls each time and she is making some fun friendships.


Pearl has the most room to improve in tumbling. She does a great job (says someone who can barely do a cartwheel) but she can work on straighter legs and tighter jumps.


I'm not sure how the scoring worked here. I get that there is no second, but what happened to all the even numbers?


It ended up making the stand look a little lopsided.


So they spread the girls out. Maybe not as accurate, but it looks better. :)


 Pearl's last event was trampoline. She did a great job as usual.


She got second!! Nice job Pearly. Another great competition. Although I think Tyler will be perfectly happy to hand this assignment back to me.


1 comment:

meganmushrat said...

I hadn't realized that Pearl had gotten so good! When I retire (if I retire) I will have to make sure to come down to see a competition. I wonder how they would handle these if everyone has to stay six feet apart?